Friday, January 7, 2011

Yet Another Example of Fearmongering

Yesterday, Sebastian gave another example of a fearmonger; since I recently discussed fearmongering among anti-gun folk, I thought I'd bring it up here, too.

The Palm Beach Post editorial that Sebastian comments on, however, is a bit different from the modes of fearmongering I described in the above post, but it's one I mentioned before:  the Can't Trust My Neighbor Syndrome.

Only, this is a Fearmongering Editorial--that is, this person doesn't just fear his neighbors!  He's trying to convince you that you'd be stupid if you dared to trust your neighbors, which is why we need to ban guns.

The more I think about these things, the more I have to ask:  Why do these people think they are trying to preserve "Freedom from Fear"?

No comments:

Post a Comment