Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Daughter's First Day

It's my oldest daughter's first day in kintergarden...and I'm not pleased.

It's mostly my fault that she's attending school today, because my wife didn't understand how serious I was, and I didn't take the time and effort to express how serious I was until she handed me some paperwork to review, about two weeks before my daughter was supposed to start school.

The misunderstanding is mutual, though:  I didn't understand how invested my wife was in the tradition--one only about a hundred years old--of sending children to school, and having the days to herself.

As a compromise, we've decided to send my daughter to kintergarden this year, and during this year, figure out what we would need to do to homeschool our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment